FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) is implementing the next stage of its global community engagement program – FedEx Cares 50 by 50, a new journey to deliver hope, change and new possibilities for 50 million people by the company’s 50th anniversary in 2023.
FedEx launched the new strategy after exceeding its goal to invest US$200 million in 200 global communities by 2020 six month early.
“At FedEx, we are utilizing our global network to create opportunities and deliver positive change,” said Karen Reddington, president, Asia Pasific, FedEx Express. “With FedEx Cares 50 by 50, we can continue to combine our logistics expertise with the passion of our team members to support the social and economics needs of the local communities in Asia Pasific.”
In Asia Pasific, FedEx continues to lead corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives and programs to further the global goal of FedEx Cares 50 by 50. These initiatives will help multiply growth opportunities through a vast network and deliver hope through the following five strategic giving pillars.
- Sustainable transportation – Facilitating clean, sustainable public transit solutions, e.g. deployment of pure electric vehicles to help further reduce fuel use and emissions.
- Global entrepreneurship – Empowering enterpreneurship with initiatives like the FedEx Express/JA International Trade Challenge to inspire young students to become the future entrepreneurs.
- Road safety – Educate pedestrians about roadway safety logistics worldwide, e.g., collaborating with Safe Kids Worldwide to promote pedestrian road safety for children across China, Korea, Philipines, Thiland and Vietnam.
- Delivering for good – Charitable shipping and disaster relief.
- Employment pathways – Career opportunities for underserved populations.
To learn more about the FedEx Cares 50 by 50 campaign, visit fedexcares.com.